Exporting file information (Mac)
No worries! Exporting or finalizing your file may help with your uploads.
Sometimes .mov files may not upload if they were not fully finalized or exported in iMovie.
Also, certain codecs in .mov files may cause a file not to fully upload.
We recommend selecting the quality as "custom" and increasing the "Mbps" as high as possible. If you select the "Apple ProRes" (or the "Best" option in iMovie) codec you will run into an error uploading your video files.
Here are instructions to help:
- Open iMovie
- Click to select a project in the Project Library, or open a project so that it’s showing in the Project browser.
- You should finalize only projects you consider to be complete because if you make further changes to a movie you’ve finalized, iMovie discards the finalized versions.
- Choose 'Share' > Choose 'File'.
- Title your Movie
Set your resolution to 1080p if possible, 720 will work as well
- For Quality, select "custom" and increase the Mbps as high as possible.
- Click 'Next'
- Save to your desktop
- An activity indicator will appear, once it disappears you are complete
- When it says 'Share successful' you can exit the window